Non Prescription Medication Permission Form

Prescription Medication Permission Form

The Hastings school district acknowledges that some students may require medication during the school day. Medications that can be administered to the student appropriately before or after school will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Medications that are required during school hours will be administered by school nursing staff or a designee who the nurse has trained and delegated the function of medication administration.

Medications must be FDA approved; no dietary or herbal supplements will be administered.

Written parental permission is required for any medication administered. 

Written Health Care Provider permission in additional to parental permission is required for all prescription medication, any non-prescription medication that is required more than 10 times during the school year, and any others deemed necessary by the School Nurse.

Medication permission needs to be renewed yearly for all medications.

Nonprescription Medication - self carry: A secondary student (7th  - 12th) may possess and use nonprescription pain relief in a manner consistent with the labeling, if the school district has received written authorization from the student's parent or guardian permitting the student to self-administer the medication. The parent or guardian must submit written authorization for the student to self-administer the medication each school year. The school district may revoke a student's privilege to possess and use nonprescription pain relievers if the school district determines that the student is abusing the privilege. This provision does not apply to the possession or use of any drug or product containing ephedrine or pseudoephedrine as its sole active ingredient or as one of its active ingredients. See Minn. Stat. ยง 121A.222 (Possession and Use of Nonprescription Pain Relievers by Secondary Students) for more information.